6 great tips for a great story
- Try to pick the most intriguing place in your piece to begin
- Try to create attention-grabbing images of a setting if that’s where you want to begin
- Raise the reader’s curiosity about what is happening or is going to happen in an action scene
- Describe a character so compellingly that we want to learn more about what happens to him or her
- Present a situation so vital to our protagonist that we must read on
- And most important, no matter what method you choose, start with something happening! (And not with ruminations. A character sitting in a cave or in jail or in a kitchen or in a car ruminating about the meaning of life and how he got to this point does not constitute something happening.)
Tell a great story and have a great time!